What European Standars Bring to Serbia – towards Food and Water Safety
Policy and Legal Advice Centre – PLAC III project, with the support of the EU Delegation to Serbia and in cooperation with relevant national institutions, organises a series of briefings for journalists about negotiating chapters’ contents and changes resulting from adoption of acquis communautaire in areas covered by chapters. The aim of the activity is to get journalists and interested public acquainted not only with the contents of chapters and the process of harmonisation of legislation, but also with the impact of introducing European standards in respective areas.
As part of this activity, the briefing session “What European Standars Bring to Serbia – towards Food and Water Safety” will be held in the EU Info Centre on Wednesday, 4 March 2020. It will focus on food labelling and water safety and will present examples of best European practices. Mr. Sakellaris Hourdas, Head of Operations III, EU Delegation to the Republic of Serbia and Mr. Goran Stamenković, Assistant Minister of Health will give introductory remarks.
- Chapter 3: Right of establishment and freedom to provide services
- Chapter 8: Competition policy
- Chapter 9: Financial services
- Chapter 12: Food safety, veterinary and phytosanitary policy
- Chapter 15: Energy
- Chapter 16: Taxation
- Chapter 17 – Economic and monetary policy
- Chapter 27: Environment
- Chapter 28: Consumer and health protection
- Chapter 32: Financial control
- Chapter 33: Financial and budgetary provisions