Policy and Legal Advice Centre (PLAC III) project
PLAC III project is providing legal assistance to the Government of the Republic of Serbia in the process of harmonisation of the national legislation with EU acquis through amending the existing and drafting new legislation, and assisting in the process of accession negotiations with the European Union. Assistance during the negotiation process will be provided through workshops and trainings organized within the framework of the project.
The main purpose of the PLAC III project is to achieve a high level of effective alignment of national legislation with the EU acquis and its implementation.
In order to achieve the aims and objectives PLAC III will:
- Assist relevant institutions in the preparation of laws, by-laws, regulations, strategies, action plans, guidelines as well as in developing necessary implementation follow-up measures in monitoring the implementation of harmonised legislation;
- Prepare national administration for the practical aspects and challenges in the implementation of harmonised regulations and support establishment of functional coordination mechanisms to facilitate implementation;
- Assist institutions in assessing the effects of the pieces of legislation to be harmonised and to accurately anticipate the financial implications of their implementation;
- Support relevant institutions and structures in different phases of the negotiation process for the accession to the EU.
The main beneficiaries are the Ministry of European Integration and the Negotiating Team for Accession of the Republic of Serbia to the European Union. The project beneficiaries are also line ministries and institutions involved in legal harmonisation in specific areas under different negotiating chapters.
PLAC III is covering 13 negotiation chapters, which are project’s priority areas:
- Chapter 3: Right of establishment and freedom to provide services
- Chapter 8: Competition policy
- Chapter 9: Financial services
- Chapter 10: Information society and media
- Chapter 12: Food safety, veterinary and phytosanitary policy
- Chapter 13: Fisheries
- Chapter 15: Energy
- Chapter 16: Taxation
- Chapter 17: Economic and monetary policy
- Chapter 27: Environment and climate change
- Chapter 28: Consumer and health protection
- Chapter 32: Financial control
- Chapter 33: Financial and budgetary provisions.
Apart from activities related to negotiation chapters, the project also implements one horizontal activity cross-cutting several chapters – application of human rights concept in legislative development.
PLAC III implementation
PLAC III started in January 2019 and will last until July 2022. The total budget is EUR 3,623,220. PLAC III is a project funded by the European Union and implemented by DMI Associates in consortium with European Consulting Group and GIZ.