Supporting the EU accession negotiations
Through the project Policy and Legal Advice Centre (PLAC II), the European Union assists Serbia in:
» Improving compatibility of national legislation with the EU acquis, and supporting its implementation
» Enhancing capacities of relevant institutions to successfully carry out accession negotiations.
The main beneficiaries are the Ministry of European Integration and the Negotiating Team for Accession of the Republic of Serbia to the European Union. The Project beneficiaries also include line ministries and institutions which coordinate legal harmonisation in specific areas.
The Project activities are primarily focused on particular areas in 10 chapters:
- Chapter 3 – Right of establishment and freedom to provide services
- Chapter 4 – Free movement of capital
- Chapter 6 – Company law
- Chapter 9 – Financial services
- Chapter 11 – Agriculture and rural development
- Chapter 12 – Food safety, veterinary and phytosanitary policy
- Chapter 15 – Energy
- Chapter 24 – Justice, freedom and security
- Chapter 27 – Environment and climate changes
- Chapter 28 – Consumer and health protection
The activities will also include other Chapters, responding to the needs identified by the stakeholders.
The 2.6 million EUR Project, which started in June 2016 and will last for 30 months, is implemented by a consortium led by Altair Asesores in cooperation with IRZ, European Profiles, Eurosupport and Eptisa.